This is a super easy and delicious cheesecake with no gelatine involved as the white chocolate sets the mixture really quickly - so it's also good if you need to rustle up a dessert last thing. You can top it with any fruit but this is a VE Day version!
You will need a 16cm round flan dish, or loose bottom tin. Easily doubled to make a larger one! In which case use a 20cm flan dish or tin.
5 digestive biscuits (Any biscuits will do, I used a selection of broken ones from the bottom of the biscuit tin).
40g butter or margarine (melted)
75g white chocolate (Milky bar works really well)
150g cream cheese (such as Philadelphia or even Mascarpone)
80mls double cream (sour cream would be a good alternative)
Raspberries, blueberries or strawberries.
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl with the end of a rolling pin until well crushed.
- Add the melted butter, mix well and press into your flan dish and smooth with the back of a metal spoon. Aim to have a nice even layer and no need to go up the sides. Wipe the bowl and spoon thoroughly with kitchen paper, no need to wash.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave on low power for a minute at a time, being careful it doesn’t burn. (Chocolate burns very easily when being melted in the microwave!) Alternatively, place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water until melted.
- Whisk the cream and cream cheese and together, with an electric whisk if you have one, or with a hand whisk until smooth, then stir in the cooled melted white chocolate. Stir with a metal spoon until smooth.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the biscuit base, smooth the top and chill for an hour in the fridge.
- Once the cheesecake is set decorate with your fruit selection.