- Field Maple
- Botanical Name
- Acer campestre
- Nutcroft Grove
- Grid Reference: TQ 15077, 56409
- Latitude, Longitude: 51.295191, -0.35090508
- What3 Words: zoom.stray.noises
- Girth (circumference of trunk at 1.5m height)
- ... meters
- Estimated Age
- ... years
- This is a small native tree often found in hedgerows. It has lobed leaves which turn bright yellow and then vivid reddish-brown in the autumn. The wings on the samaras are almost at 180 degrees to each other and enable the seeds to be carried by the wind.
- About this species
- Field maple is used to make harp frames.
- Local information
- These trees were planted under a FRA scheme several years ago.
|<< Next nearest Tree on the Trail <<||>> Next nearest Tree on the Trail >>|
|No. ?||No. ?|