- Ash-Leaf Maple, also known as Box Elder
- Botanical Name
- Acer negundo
- Outside No. 102, Cobham Road.
- Grid Reference: TQ 15251, 56193
- Latitude, Longitude: 51.293210, -0.34848332
- What3 Words: danger.scales.cove
- Girth (circumference of trunk at 1.5m height)
- ... meters
- Estimated Age
- 100 years
- The green male flowers with red anthers and the green and pendent female flowers are separate and open in March before the leaves. Like other maples, the seeds are in a winged samara. The samara stays on the tree after the leaves have fallen.
- About this species
- It is a native of North-East America and is often planted as a street tree. Some specimens have variegated leaves.
- Look for another Box elder outside no. 74.
|<< Next nearest Tree on the Trail <<||>> Next nearest Tree on the Trail >>|
|No. ?||No. ?|