By the Molebridge GPs
It’s more important than ever before to stay as healthy as possible. So we have come up with a few simple top tips that we ourselves will be following, and hope you may find useful.
- If you are offered a flu jab – take it.
- If you have a chronic illness please keep up with your regular reviews.
- Make sure you have a working thermometer at home. It is very helpful for you and the health professionals if you can accurately measure your own temperature.
- Boost your immune system by following a diet high in vegetables and fruits in a rainbow of colours.
- Improve your sleep by getting sunshine on your face in the morning, and avoiding time on screens late in the evening.
- Keep your vitamin D levels topped up with supplements of at least 400IU daily. Low vitamin D levels have been linked with more severe cases of Covid-19.
- Keep your body moving and exercise regularly. This can protect from a multitude of illnesses with the added benefits of losing weight and improving mood.
- Obesity is a risk factor for severe covid-19 - keep your weight within recommended guidelines.
- Stay in touch with loved ones as much as possible within the prevailing government guidelines. Being connected to others has been shown to lower stress hormones and promote overall well-being.
- Remember the surgery is open for telephone and face to face consultations. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need help. The best way is via our website www.themolebridgepractice.nhs.uk You can give us a little information and we can either book you a face to face or telephone appointment depending on the problem.
Our thanks to the Molebridge Practice team led by Dr Hilary Floyd and Practice Manager Laura Hammond. Pictured (from left to right): Dr Eleni Mantzari, Dr Frances Ryan, Dr Anna Barham, and Dr Sam James.